RF DSP provides products and services to support the deployment of O-RAN, sub-6GHz and mmWave massive MIMO, one of the most important innovations in 5G RAN. We provide an end-to-end PHY layer System-level Development Environment for O-RAN (O-RAN SDE), O-RU IPs, massive MIMO reference designs and development platform. We also offer customized design and system integration services to speed up your time to market.
RF DSP offers O-RAN Radio Unit (O-RU) IP cores that implements the low PHY baseband functions of the eNB/gNB base station and 7.2x split eCPRI/O-RAN fronthaul interface with an O-RAN Distributed Unit (O-DU) which implements the high PHY. This O-RU IP includes:
- O-RAN fronthaul eCPRI/RoE over IP and UDP, supporting 2T2R to 64T 64R massive MIMO.
- Multiple bands and component carriers, mixed numerology, optional carrier combining with NR + LTE+, LTE-M/NB-IoT and NR mixed numerology support, all with real-time C-plane control.
- FFT/IFFT and PRACH U-plane processing, IQ compression and decompression (block floating point, block scaling and mu-law, static or dynamic), optional beamforming, optional O-RAN Category B.
- Embedded software processing of PTP 1588 messages and S-plane reference designs.
- Packet classification of M-plane messages and API to M-plane software.
- IQ interfaces: to Ethernet fronthaul, DUC/DDC and RF transceivers
- Processor interface: for M-plane external CPU processing
- Radio clock interface: 100Hz radio frame clock input. Optional 100Hz radio frame clock output from the S-plane reference hardware circuit.
- Optional features and extension types, design services for customization and porting available
A System-Level O-RAN CUSM-Plane Development Environment for Massive MIMO and Small Cell RUs Using Xilinx RFSoC or FPGA + RF Transceivers
Real-Time Physical Layer and Link Layer End-to-End 3GPP and O-RAN Conformance Development Environment for Faster Time-To-Market