[vc_row][vc_column][vc_single_image source=”external_link” custom_src=”http://rfdsp.com/wp-content/uploads/RFRvaf1.jpg”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text](Irvine, CA) February 9, 2019. RF DSP Inc. a provider of 5G MIMO and software defined radio products and design services and a member of the O-RAN Alliance, today announced a wide-bandwidth high-performance 8Tx/8Rx enhanced-MIMO RF Transceiver Module eMIMOx8 for advanced Software Define Radio (SDR) applications, 5G NR small cells and macro cells. For fast development and commercial deployment, RF DSP provides an extensive Platform Development Kit including FPGA reference design with JESD204B, driver supporting the four Analog Devices ADRV9009 transceivers in the module, clock sync, SPI control, and PC software for configuration/control/status monitoring, RF playback and recording, analysis in MATLAB development environment, and Linux scripts.
Industry-leading features of the eMIMOx8 module include
- Configuration of 8T/8R TDD MIMO with 200MHz continuous bandwidth or 4T/4R FDD MIMO with 200MHz of continuous bandwidth for sub 6GHz 5G NR
- 4T/4R or 2T2R TDD MIMO to support 5G NR 400MHz and 800MHz wide signals, and to provide IF for a millimeter wave RF frontend
- 16-bit ADC and 14-bit DAC providing excellent dynamic range
- Supports MIMO radio unit from 4T4R small cells to 64T64R or 128T128R 5G macro cells using multiple eMIMOx8 modules
- Built-in antenna phase alignment calibration circuit, accepting common calibration signal and common local oscillators for superior enhanced MIMO performance
- Double wide FPGA Mezzanine Card (FMC) with standard VITA 57.1 HPC interface
To enable our customers to bring 5G MIMO products to market quickly, RF DSP will also offer the following FPGA firmware and software solutions and design services
- Customization of the MIMO transceiver, firmware and software to meet customers’ product requirements and to integrate with customers’ systems
- TDD and FDD configuration management
- DSP algorithms to expand continuous bandwidth to over 1GHz using multiple eMIMOx8 modules
- 40G and 100G Ethernet interface for control and IQ data
- 5G NR low PHY split Radio Unit (RU) including PRACH filter with antenna combining and detection, digital beamforming, FFT/IFFT and DSP offloading to FPGA, and eCPRI/RoE interface
- Phase alignment and calibration of all antenna ports across multiple eMIMOx8 modules, necessary for enhanced MIMO performance
- MU-MIMO channel estimation
- Multi-User MIMO (MU-MIMO) beamforming
“Our MIMOx8 module and firmware is the only solution in the market that is production-ready to support high-performance, ultra-wide bandwidth enhanced-MIMO in a highly integrated form factor with standards-compliant interface,” said Dr. Ping Liang, CEO RF DSP Inc., “Our patent-pending architecture and algorithms enable us to support superior 5G MIMO performance from 4T4R or 8T8R using a single eMIMOx8 to 64T64R and 128T128R using multiple eMIMOx8. Our eMIMOx8 module and DSP solutions will enable our customers to build 5G MIMO products in both sub 6GHz and millimeter wave bands. We will continue our collaboration with Analog Devices to enable our customers to bring 5G and other advanced MIMO products to market in significantly shorter time and ahead of their competition.”
“The scalable enhanced-MIMO transceiver module and solutions from RF DSP build on the high-performance features of our ADRV9009 transceivers to simplify the development of a wide range of MIMO products,” said Bill McKenney, RadioVerse Marketing Director, Analog Devices. “Our collaboration with RF DSP provides customers with products and solutions that will enable them to quickly bring 5G MIMO products to market.”
RF DSP will demonstrate the MIMO operations of the eMIMOx8 module and the Platform Development Kit at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona from Feb. 25 to 28, 2019 at booth 8.0J21 in Hall 8 for Next Tech. For more information, visit http://rfdsp.com/products/5g-emimox8/.
About RF DSP Inc.
RF DSP is a provider of 5G MIMO and software defined radio products and design services, for both sub 6GHz and millimeter wave. RF DSP has developed a strong portfolio of patents in these areas, covering key 5G technologies and smart network architectures. As a member of the O-RAN Alliance, RF DSP’s business model is to provide products and solutions to support white-box 5G hardware and decoupling of CU and DU to align with operators’ needs. For more information, please visit www.rfdsp.com[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]